This Privacy Notice explains-:
The type of personal information about you which is processed by JIJ.asia when you use the JIJ.asia Services and/or the JIJ.asia Websites;
How JIJ.asia processes the personal information about you when you use the JIJ.asia Services and the JIJ.asia Websites;
The purposes for which JIJ.asia collects and processes your personal information;
Your right to access and correct your personal information;
The class of third parties to which JIJ.asia may disclose your personal information to;
Whether it is obligatory or voluntarily for you to supply the personal information and the consequences of failing to provide your personal information when it is obligatory; and
How JIJ.asia safeguards the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
Any changes will be notified to you via the e-mail address provided by you on registration or via a suitable announcement on the JIJ.asia Websites.
If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective.
The changes will apply to the use of the JIJ.asia Services and the JIJ.asia Websites after JIJ.asia have given you notice.
If you do not wish to accept the new Terms you should not continue to use the JIJ.asia Services and/or the JIJ.asia Websites.
If you continue to use the JIJ.asia Services and/or the JIJ.asia Websites after the date on which the changes comes into effect, your use of the JIJ.asia Services and/or the JIJ.asia Websites indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms.
In this Privacy Notice:-
“JIJ.asia Profile” means the profile created by users of the JIJ.asia Websites that may include personal information, resume, credentials, certifications and photo.
“personal information” is data that can be used to identify an individual.
“processing” includes but is not limited to collecting, holding, storing, recording, organizing, adapting, using, disclosing, correcting and destructing.
“SiVA Account” means the access given to the Employers or Advertisers or Authorized Personnel to the Recruitment Management System of JIJ.asia.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe may collect, use and/or process information that you have provided to us in the following circumstances: When you register for the JIJ.asia Services
- Each time when you register with JIJ.asia for any of the JIJ.asia Services, you will be asked to provide certain personal information about yourself in order to create a MyJIJ.asia account.
- The personal information collected during the registration process includes but is not limited to your email address, name, nationality, identity card number, passport number, country of residence.
- Whenever the personal information requested by JIJ.asia is marked as “Required Field”, you must provide and agree to the processing of this personal information by JIJ.asia. It is not mandatory for you to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not agree to provide this personal information and/or not agree to us processing it in the manner set out in this Privacy Notice, then JIJ.asia will be unable to provide the relevant services to you and your application for such services will be rejected.
- Some Advertisers and/or Employers may also require you to answer a list of questions selected by that Advertiser and/or Employer as part of your online application. By answering the Application questions you acknowledge that JIJ.asia will provide your answers to that Advertiser and/or Employer and may use your answers to populate your JIJ.asia Profile and enable Advertisers and/or Employers to surface that information when using Talent Search. JIJ.asia may also use your answers to improve our products, including through improving our search and matching capabilities.
From your use of the JIJ.asia Services and/or the JIJ.asia Websites
- We collect personal information directly from you when you choose to engage any of the JIJ.asia Services and/or to use the JIJ.asia Websites. The following are examples of personal information JIJ.asia may collect directly from you:-
Date of birth;
Telephone number or mobile number;
Identification documents given by the school/college/university/institute;
Personal interests and preferences;
Credit card or debit card details;
Other information associated with a resume for job applications
JIJ.asia collects the company name, business address and billing address of Advertisers. It also collects the name, email address and phone number of a primary contact (also referred to on the Site as the ‘administrator’). Advertisers can choose to add additional users to their account, in which case JIJ.asia will collect the name and email address of those other users. Advertisers can change the company name, billing address, or any other details by contacting the designated Account Manager. JIJ.asia uses these details to manage your account, including sending Advertisers applications of Candidates, contacting Advertisers if there is an issue with their job ad and organizing payment and invoicing of the account.
- If you choose to add referees to your JIJ.asia Profile, JIJ.asia will ask you for their names, telephone numbers, emails, position titles and other relevant particulars. This information will be enclosed as part of your job application and employers may contact them to get references for your applications.
- If you choose to use JIJ.asia Services to tell a friend about its services or JIJ.asia Websites, JIJ.asia will ask for your friend’s name and e-mail address. An e-mail inviting your friend to use the JIJ.asia Services or to visit the JIJ.asia Websites will be sent to him/her automatically.
- If you wish to stop JIJ.asia from processing this type of personal information about you, JIJ.asia will no longer be able to provide the relevant services to you.
- In addition, JIJ.asia may ask your permission to post your testimonial or success story. If you agree to post your material on JIJ.asia Websites, you should be aware that any personal information you submit can be read, collected, or used by other users of the JIJ.asia Websites and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us here.
When you visit the JIJ.asia Websites
- When you visit any JIJ.asia Websites our web servers automatically collect information about your visit to these websites, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the time, date and duration of your visit. Your IP address is a unique identifier for your computer or other access device.
- JIJ.asia may track your visits to any JIJ.asia Websites by placing a “cookie” on your computer or other access device when you enter. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or other access device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more effectively, as well as to provide information to the owners of the websites.
- Cookies allow JIJ.asia to save preferences for you so that you will not have to re-enter them the next time you visit. Cookies also help JIJ.asia collect anonymous click stream data for tracking user trends and patterns. JIJ.asia may use the anonymous click stream data to help the Advertiser to deliver better-targeted advertisements.
- You can remove cookies by following directions provided in your internet browser’s “help” file. You should understand that areas of certain websites will not function properly if you set your internet browser to not accept cookies.
- JIJ.asia also uses clear gifs in its HTML-based emails in order to find out which emails have been opened by the recipients. This allows JIJ.asia to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of its marketing campaigns.
PURPOSES OF COLLECTING AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONThe purposes for which JIJ.asia processes your personal information are as follows:-
- To verify your identity;
- To assess and/or verify your employability and credit worthiness;
- To provide the JIJ.asia Services which you have requested (including using artificial intelligence (“AI”) and data analytics in relation to personal information in order to improve JIJ.asia’s ability to provide these services);
- To administer and manage the JIJ.asia Services provided to you;
- To contact you in respect of JIJ.asia Services;
- To facilitate the provision to you of tailored educational offerings and improve your career prospects by supplying your information to our strategic partners;
- To improve placement opportunities for you or for tailoring specific services to you;
- To verify your academic and professional qualification by contacting the school/college/university/institute/ professional qualifying bodies;
- To contact the referee and/or the guarantor whom details have been provided by you;
- To process your order for the JIJ.asia Services which you have requested;
- To investigate and resolve any of the JIJ.asia Services, billing queries, complaints or other enquiries that you submit to JIJ.asia regarding JIJ.asia Services;
- To manage staff training and quality assurance;
- To monitor and improve the performance of the JIJ.asia Websites and the JIJ.asia Services;
- To maintain and develop the JIJ.asia Websites and JIJ.asia Services;
- To gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for JIJ.asia to enhance and customize the JIJ.asia Services;
- To conduct research and development and statistical analysis in connection with the JIJ.asia Services to identify trends and develop new services that reflect your interests;
- To assist JIJ.asia in understanding your browsing preferences on the JIJ.asia Websites so that JIJ.asia can tailor content accordingly;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
You may not be possible to limit the processing of your personal information for the purposes set out in Clause 2.1 above. Whilst the provision of your personal information to us is voluntary, if you do not consent to JIJ.asia processing your personal information for the said purposes, you must terminate your relevant agreement with JIJ.asia for the JIJ.asia Services and stop using the JIJ.asia Websites. In addition, JIJ.asia may use your personal information for the following purposes:-
- To promote and market to you:
Other JIJ.asia Services; or
Services of third parties which JIJ.asia thinks may be of interest of you;
- To send you seasonal greeting messages and/or message informing you of a critical performance error in the JIJ.asia Websites and/or the JIJ.asia Services.
- To send you tips, advice and survey information to maximize your career development including but not limited to using the JIJ.asia Services and/or the JIJ.asia Websites.
JIJ.asia will ask for your consent before processing your personal information other than those set out in Clauses 2.1 and 2.3.
JIJ.asia PROFILEJIJ.asia gives you the option of putting your JIJ.asia Profile in the JIJ.asia Resume Database provided that you use JIJ.asia’s preset format for uploading your information. There are two ways of doing so:-
- You can store your JIJ.asia Profile in the JIJ.asia Resume Database, but not allow it to be searchable by potential Employers or Advertisers or SiVA Account Holders. Not allowing your JIJ.asia Profile to be searchable means that you can use it to apply for a job online, but Employers or Advertisers or SiVA Account Holders will not have access to search it through the JIJ.asia Resume Database.
- You can allow your JIJ.asia Profile to be searchable by Employers or Advertisers or SiVA Account Holders. When you opt to make your JIJ.asia Profile searchable, your full profile, resume and personal information will be visible to Employers or Advertisers or SiVA Account Holder who download your JIJ.asia Profile from JIJ.asia Resume Database.
JIJ.asia uses its best effort to restrict access to the JIJ.asia Resume Database only to those who have subscribed to the JIJ.asia Services, these parties may retain a copy of your JIJ.asia Profile in their own files or databases.
JIJ.asia will take reasonable steps to ensure that parties other than those mentioned above will not, without JIJ.asia’s consent, gain access to the JIJ.asia Resume Database. However, JIJ.asia is not responsible for the retention, use or privacy of JIJ.asia Profile by any third parties.
Notwithstanding Clause 3.1, JIJ.asia reserves the right to have full access to your JIJ.asia Profile for the purpose set out in Clause 2.1 to perform JIJ.asia Services.
CHOICE AND ACCESS OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONYou may have different privacy concerns. JIJ.asia’s goal is to be clear of what information it collects, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example:-
- You can control who you share your personal information with;
- You can review and control your subscription to various marketing preferences, JIJ.asia Services;
- You may view, edit or delete your personal information and preferences at any time.
- You may choose not to receive any marketing materials from JIJ.asia;
- You may also subscribe to additional JIJ.asia Services by logging into a MyJIJ.asia account;
You can delete your MyJIJ.asia account at any time in which event JIJ.asia will remove all access to your account, resume and JIJ.asia Profile in the database. The deletion of your MyJIJ.asia account does not affect JIJ.asia Profile that you had already sent to Employers or were previously downloaded by Employers, Advertisers or SiVA Account Holders.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONJIJ.asia will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes set out in Clause 2 above and any legal or business purposes.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONJIJ.asia is committed to keeping personal information secure. JIJ.asia has appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to protect personal information from loss, theft and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Sensitive information (such as a credit card number) entered on our payment gateway services are encrypted during the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). 6.2 No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact here.
TO WHOM PERSONAL INFORMATION IS DISCLOSEDPersonal information mentioned in Clause 1 above may be disclosed to the classes of third parties as follows in order for JIJ.asia to effectively manage its business including to render the JIJ.asia Services to you to achieve the purposes described in Clause 2:-
- The Advertisers;
- The Employers;
- Third parties contracted by JIJ.asia to assist JIJ.asia in delivering all or part of the JIJ.asia Services to you, including without limitation, to the following:-
Payment gateway services for optional services;
Online advertising services;
Maintenance and repair services; and
Market research and website usage analysis services.
- Strategic partners that work with JIJ.asia to provide the JIJ.asia Services or that help market and promote JIJ.asia Services and/or JIJ.asia Websites;
- Strategic partners that provide ancillary services such as education offerings for the purposes of improving your career prospects and/or professional qualifications.
- The school/college/university/institute you studied at and your referees so as to verify your academic qualification;
- Professional qualifying bodies where you obtained your accreditation;
- Where you log in to a JIJ.asia Website using Facebook Connect – your Facebook friends who have also logged in in to our site using Facebook Connect;
- Regulatory bodies, governmental bodies or other authorities if required or authorized to do so to discharge any regulatory function, under any law or in relation to any order or judgment of a court;
- Regulatory bodies, governmental bodies or other authorities for the purpose of detection or prevention of crime, illegal/unlawful activities or fraud or for the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, or for an investigation relating to any of these;
- Any party involved in or related to a legal proceeding (or prospective legal proceeding), for purposes of the legal proceedings;
- JIJ.asia’s professional advisors on a need to know basis for the purpose of those advisors providing advice to JIJ.asia;
- Other third party service providers, including but not limited to data analytics service providers, data storage and cloud service providers and/or any service providers that assist us in carrying out our business activities;
- Any third party which acquires all or part of the assets or business of JIJ.asia (including accounts and trade receivables) for the purpose of that third party continuing to provide all or that part of the JIJ.asia Services which it acquired; and
- Otherwise permitted under any data protection legislation.
Other than set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information. JIJ.asia does not sell or rent any personal information collected to any other parties.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONYou are responsible for providing accurate, not misleading, complete and up-to-date information to JIJ.asia about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us and for updating this personal information as and when it becomes inaccurate, misleading, incomplete and out-of-date by contacting JIJ.asia here.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF YOUR LOCAL JURISDICTIONIt may be necessary for JIJ.asia to transfer your personal information outside of your local jurisdiction if any of JIJ.asia’s service providers or strategic partners (“overseas entities”) is involved in providing part of the JIJ.asia Services, including but not limited to cloud service providers.
LINKED SITESJIJ.asia Websites that may contain links to third party sites.
You can login to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect. This service will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Where you use Facebook Connect to log in to our site you consent to JIJ.asia displaying your name, employer, job title and Facebook profile picture to your Facebook friends who have also logged in to JIJ.asia using Facebook Connect. You can unlink your Facebook and JIJ.asia accounts at any time.
YOUR CONSENTIn using the JIJ.asia Services and/or the JIJ.asia Websites, you consent to the collections and use of the personal information by JIJ.asia in the ways described hereinabove (which may change from time to time) unless and until you inform JIJ.asia to the contrary here.
Further, you consent to your referees, the school/college/university/institute where you have studied, the professional qualifying bodies where you received your accreditation and Employers to disclose your personal information to JIJ.asia.
CONTACT INFORMATIONIf you still have questions about this Privacy Notice, please visit Help or Frequently Asked Questions on the JIJ.asia Websites. JIJ.asia requests your name, phone number, email address and comments so that JIJ.asia may respond to your concerns effectively and works to improve the JIJ.asia Services and/or JIJ.asia Websites.
You have rights to request access and/or to correct your personal information and/or limit the processing thereof at any time hereafter in line with applicable law and/or any applicable data protection law. We must point out that, in limiting the Processing as requested, the same consequences described in Clause 2.2 above could apply. You are also requested to correct and/or amend your personal information to the extent you realize it is incorrect. With respect to all of the above, you may:
- Check whether we hold or use your personal information and request access to such data;
- Request that we correct any of your personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date; and
- Withdraw, in full or in part, your consent given previously, in each case subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable time period as well as the consequences as mentioned above.
- You may also contact JIJ.asia’’s Data Privacy Officer for further enquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org.